They say your breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Let’s make it count.
You may have already heard of the benefits of eating oats, but did you know how easy and versatile they really are? Oats are highly adaptable breakfast food that can be tweaked to suit your taste. What’s better, you can pretty much halve the cooking time and still enjoy the full health benefits (and more) by making “overnight oats”.
Why are overnight oats healthier?
Overnight oats have become somewhat of a health trend across the world due to its high fibre and nutritional content (Even more so than its cooked counterpart!). When soaked overnight, the starch in the oats is naturally broken down and more nutrients are absorbed by the oats through the soaking period. The acid present in the oats also breaks down overnight, leading to better digestion.
How do we make it even healthier?
Simple! You add a few drops of Emu Spirit into the mix. Our overnight oats recipe is a great way to incorporate your daily dose of Emu Oil into your diet, without any fuss. Give yourself a health booster and enjoy emu oil in a new and delicious way.
Without further ado, here is our easy and scrumptious overnight oats recipe!
- 1 cup of rolled oats (be sure to use whole rolled oats and not quick oats or steel cut oats)
- 250ml cup of milk of your choice (you can use unsweetened plain almond milk, or sub other dairy-free milks, such as coconut, soy, or hemp!)
- 2 Tbsp of black chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp of natural Greek yoghurt (or any yoghurt of your choice, however Greek yoghurt gives you an extra creamy texture)
- 2 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- A few drops of Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu
- A topping of your choice (we chose raspberries on this occasion)
Pour 1 cup of rolled oats into a mixing bowl.
You can substitute this with a mason jar if it’s more convenient.
Add 2 Tbsp of black chia seeds to the bowl
Add 2 Tbsp of natural Greek yoghurt to the bowl
Add 2 Tbsp of honey to the bowl
Pour 250ml of milk to the bowl
Add a few drops of Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu
Cover securely and place in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours (ideally overnight)
When ready, your overnight oaks will resemble a rice pudding-like texture.
Now it’s time for the fun part.
Add toppings of your choice. We recommend berries, bananas, granola, nut butters, coconut flakes, or, if you’re feeling cheeky – Nutella!
Trying this recipe at home? Make sure you share your creation with us on our Facebook page!