How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
By Emu Spirit | December 19, 2018 | Blog
Did you know emu oil is an aboriginal medicine that has been used for thousands of years? In Australia, our Oil of Emu was the first to be listed with the Therapeutic Goods of Australia.
We are proud to say Emu Spirit products are TGA listed, but what does that actually mean?
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is part of the Australian Government Department of Health. They are responsible for regulating therapeutic goods including prescription medicines, vaccines, sunscreens, vitamins and minerals and medical devices.
This means that almost any product that claims to be therapeutic must be reviewed by the TGA before it can be supplied in Australia.
Basically, the TGA assesses the safety and quality of the ingredients in therapeutic goods.
When establishing the quality of an ingredient, the TGA will look at:
1. Composition of the ingredient (what the ingredient is and its purity)
2. Stability of the ingredient (how long the ingredient remains stable at a particular temperature without deteriorating significantly – this is used to determine shelf life and recommended storage temperature)
To ensure an ingredient is safe for use, the TGA will review:
1. History of use
2. Biological activity (how the ingredient interacts with systems in the body)
3. The likelihood of the ingredient being harmful based on available published evidence
4. Any reported adverse reactions.
For peace of mind, all TGA products must be manufactured in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) approved facility, so you can be assured you are receiving a safe product.
GMP abides by a set of principles and procedures that ensure that therapeutic goods are of high quality. This means:
1. Quality cannot be tested into a batch of product
2. Quality must be built into each batch of product during all stages of the manufacturing process
Australian based manufacturers, including Emu Spirit, are required to hold a license to manufacture. We must demonstrate compliance with the relevant code of GMP.
For more information on TGA, visit here
For more information on GMP, visit here
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212