How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
By Emu Spirit | April 26, 2019 | Blog
Did you know? The noon-day sun is the number one source of our Vitamin D. But in the dead of winter it’s too cold to go outside, the sun is too low in the sky, and inversions block out the sun’s rays. Why does Vitamin D matter, and how do we get some during the winter season?
Why do we need Vitamin D?
It really does matter fi our bodies have inadequate levels of Vitamin D. Having sufficient levels has been shown to help prevent a long list of health issues: osteoporosis, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, strokes, high blood pressure and diabetes. It may also slow the aging process!
How do we get it in winter?
Unless you live in sunny Gold Coast, the only way to get sufficient Vitamin D in winter is through storing it up from the summer or taking it through our diets and supplements. Unfortunately, there aren’t many Vitamin D food sources out there, as our bodies were designed to get the Vitamin D we need from the sun.
So what can we do?
Good food sources of Vitamin D include fatty fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel), mushrooms, eggs and Vitamin D fortified foods such as milk (cow, soy, almost, coconut). As Vitamin D can be stored, just 2.5 servings of salmon each week would get us all the Vitamin D we need.
What if you don’t like fish?
Instead of eating fish, you could drink 3 cups of Vitamin D fortified milk each day. If that is too much to drink, the easier and more convenient option is to try consuming emu oil or emu oil capsules daily. Emu Oil is rich in omega fatty acids with an impressive amount of fat soluble Vitamin D, Vitamin E, natural antioxidants and vitamin K2. Filled with nutrients and healthy fats, it is regenerative in nature and possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212