Using Emu Oil for Asthma
By Emu Spirit | January 25, 2020 | Blog
Did you know…? An estimated 300 million people currently suffer from asthma worldwide.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the small airways of the lungs. It is characterised by a narrowing of the airway, resulting in symptoms of wheezing and shortness of breath.
In winter time, colds and flu can hit your health pretty hard if you have asthma. In fact, the common cold is the culprit behind around 4 out of 5 bad asthma attacks! During the winter time, it’s crucial to make sure your lungs are in the best possible shape.
1. Follow your asthma action plan
Have a written action plan with instructions on how you manage your asthma during winter. This helps you recognise worsening asthma symptoms and tells you what to do in response. Acting quickly can be the difference between a mild flare-up developing into a serious attack.
2. Use your medications wisely
Advise your doctor if you have been using your asthma puffer more than 2 times a week, or if you are having asthma symptoms at night. These are important signs that your lungs may not be in the best condition for winter colds and flu.
3. Take extra care if you are over 65
Colds and flu can hit extra hard in seniors with asthma. Don’t ignore symptoms or procrastinate seeking help. Ask your doctor about vaccination for influenza and/or pneumonia. Ask your pharmacist or practice nurse to check you are using your puffer/inhaler correctly.
4. Take preventative action
Prevention is key to avoiding a nasty cold or flu which can trigger an attack. Get in tune with your body: if cold air triggers your asthma, make a note of always keeping your body temperature warm. Control germs by washing your hands frequently, and avoid contact with anyone who is sick. Ask your doctor about having the flu vaccination as another option.
5. Reduce the inflammation
To help reduce inflammation and relieve the symptoms of the chronic inflammation associated with asthma, it is important to supplement with the essential fatty acids found in oils rich in Omega 3, 6 and 9.
Emu oil is rich in these essential fatty acids, and numerous studies have also shown the oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties. If you have already taken the necessary measures to protect your health and ensure you minimise your asthma flare-ups, try incorporating emu oil into your daily diet and see if it helps your asthma symptoms!
Additional benefits of emu oil:
– It’s safe for long-term use
– It can be applied topically to help relieve symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, minor burns and abrasions
– It helps to support cardiovascular health
– It promotes general wellbeing
Shop Emu Spirit online here
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212