The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
By Emu Spirit | January 18, 2019 | Blog
While olive oil and coconut oil are popular types of body oils used in some skincare, there is another oil you should consider that not only benefits your skin, it’s also beneficial to your hair and nails too! The secret ingredient you should try in your skincare routine is… You guessed it; emu oil.
Emu oil is a bright yellow liquid that dates back thousands of years in Australia. It was originally used by native Aborigines for healing infections and protecting the skin. Emu oil is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamins A and E, essential fatty acids, linoleic acid, palmitic acid and oleic acid.
Here’s why emu oil should be your secret ingredient in your skincare arsenal:
1. You can use it as a moisturiser
Your face, body and skin can benefit from applying emu oil topically. As an occlusive moisturiser, emu oil can improve hydration and prevent water loss. If you add emu oil to your existing skin lotion, the emu oil can help penetrate the layers of your skin better.
2. You can use it to treat acne
Inflammation of skin due to clogged pores can cause acne. Emu oil is one of the best anti-inflammatory natural treatments for this common skin problem. Unlike other oils, emu oil does not clog your pores. Even if you apply it to your face, your skin still breathes. Emu oil also kills bacteria to maintain an acne free complexion. The best part is that emu oil is suitable for most skin types because it is hypoallergenic in nature.
3. You can use it to prevent skin aging
Emu oil is not only moisturising, it also has positive effects on collagen production. Collagen is one of the compounds that keeps your skin plump, elastic and wrinkle-free. Emu oil’s antioxidant properties can also target signs of aging caused of oxidative stress.
4. You can use it to reduce dark circles and eye bags
A 2015 study examined the effects of ingredients such as emu oil on 11 women, who were instructed to apply a pad coated in them to one eye. After four weeks, the eye that was treated showed fading of dark circles, improved elasticity, and fewer lines. Emu oil improves blood circulation under eyes and can fade dark circles. It can also help with getting rid of eye puffiness and eye bags with regular application.
5. You can use it to help your hair grow
Early studies on mice suggest that emu oil can promote new hair follicles. Massaging emu oil on your scalp and ingesting emu oil may also help with hair health. A diet rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids can improve hair density and decrease hair loss. Studies have shown that it may take two to six months to notice these changes.
6. You can use it to nourish your nails
Ingesting emu oil can help your nails become less brittle. If you have dull nails, it could be a sign of lack of nourishment. Applying emu oil to your nails to moisturise your cuticles and soften the nails could result in stronger and beautiful nails.
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212