Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
By Emu Spirit | January 24, 2020 | Blog
Emu oil is a natural anti-inflammatory known for its healing properties, but can it be used to effectively treat acne?
In March 2010, Dr Jenny J. Kim associate professor of dermatology at the University of California, Los Angeles, (UCLA) announced that there is now a new treatment to help fight acne which will lay the basis for future treatments.
Dr Kim said “Sometimes it is hard for patients dealing with acne… to understand why, even with ongoing treatment, they cannot get rid of their symptoms forever. I explain to them that these conditions are similar to having any chronic disease, like having diabetes – there is no cure yet, but we can control the symptoms. Just like insulin helps maintain a diabetic’s blood sugar, patients with acne… need to find a treatment regimen that works for them to maintain clear skin.”
What Causes Acne
There are many factors that cause acne such as excess oil production, skin inflammation, and skin cells that shed too quickly which then produce a number of the acne-causing bacteria. Hormones also play a part in acne which can often lead to acne lesions and flare ups.
In the past, acne has been treated solely with antibiotics, however it is now believed that long-term antibiotic use can lead to acne bacteria becoming resistant and therefore less effective. This has lead to new treatment development.
So what are the new acne treatments? The answer: Anti-inflammatories. Dr. Kim states that the newer anti-inflammatory treatments lessen the severity of acne and reduces the redness and swelling of acne.
Emu Oil for Acne Treatment
Emu oil is a safe, natural and effective anti-inflammatory that reduces redness and swelling, and can be used in the treatment and prevention of scarring often associated with acne. Emu oil can be used as a topical or an internal (oral) application and due to its anti-bacterial properties, does not promote the growth of bacteria, keeping your acne affected areas clean while encouraging new skin cell growth.
If this new research is anything to go by, antibiotics could well be a thing of the past for acne treatments. Say hello to renewed, repaired and revitalized skin, with the help of emu oil.
Emu Spirit produces a skincare range contains 100% pure emu oil with a beautiful blend of anti-oxidant and anti-ageing properties to protect and restore the skin.
1 x Day Crème Refresh and Renew
1 x Night Crème Intensive Hydration Repair and Restore
1 x Hand and Body Cream Advanced Formula Revive and Nourish
Purchase the Natural Beauty Kit online here
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212