Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
By Emu Spirit | April 9, 2020 | Blog
We all enjoy a good massage, and it can be beneficial to anyone for relieving tension and stress, but for some it can also be used as a regular part of managing chronic conditions, including arthritis.
Approximately 3.85 million Australians are impacted by arthritis, suffering from chronic pain, inflammation and stiffness. Among them, some cope with the pain by using regular massage to improve their joint mobility, help them relax and to sleep in some comfort.
Here are 5 of the best massage techniques for easing arthritis symptoms:
1. Relaxation Massage
This technique uses long strokes, circular movements and kneading to loosen tight muscles and improve circulation. The blood circulation releases tension and stress to encourage the body to relax.
2. Deep Tissue Massage
This technique targets problem areas, directly addressing the chronic pain. Deep tissue massages focus on the deeper layers of the muscle and muscle tissue, and is usually received regularly to help temporarily relieve symptoms of arthritis.
3. Lymphatic Massage
This technique is known as a detox, as it uses light, patterned strokes to help drain fluid into the bloodstream. Lymphatic massage works well for arthritis sufferers as it drains the excess fluid from inflammatory points.
4. Shiatsu Massage
This employs a ‘finger pressure’ technique, which is applied to pressure points of the body (e.g. elbows and knees). The goal is to stretch and rotate the joints, usually going through the areas where an arthritis sufferer is experiencing the most pain.
5. Reflexology Massage
This technique is an Asian practice based on the concept of placing pressure on areas of the body to help heal other parts of the body (for example, placing pressure on the big toe to help deal pain felt on the head). Reflexology is designed to alleviate stress and anxiety whilst also assisting with pain relief.
Now that you know what each of the massage techniques entail, it’s well worth considering incorporating these 5 massage styles into your lifestyle if you are coping with chronic pain. What’s more, it’s also important to consider what kind of massage oils are being used in the practice.
Over the years, as more studies have revealed emu oil to be a top choice topical massage oil, many massage therapy professionals opt for pure emu oil in their practice. The reason is two-fold: Emu oil provides the added benefit of fast pain relief. This is due to its high concentration of Omega 3, 6 & 9 fatty acids, which help reduce inflammation. It also absorbs quickly into the skin and contains natural healing qualities of Vitamin A, E & Oleic Acid.
Whether you want to BYO massage oil, or you’re even considering trying massage therapy at home – Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu is your secret weapon to pain relief.
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212