How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
By Emu Spirit | December 19, 2018 | Blog
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic, non-contagious autoimmune disease that affects the skin and joints. It commonly causes red, scaly patches to appear on the skin. The scaly patches are areas of inflammation and excessive skin production. Skin rapidly accumulates at these sites and takes on a silvery-white appearance, usually on the elbows and knees. Psoriasis can vary from minor patches to complete body coverage.
What Causes Psoriasis?
It is generally accepted that psoriasis has a genetic component. Skin cells switch from the normal production rate program to accelerated production and growth rate. They are pushed to the surface in as little as 2-4 days and the skin cannot shed the cells fast enough, forming the silvery-white plaque. The redness of the psoriatic lesions is caused by increased blood supply to the area of rapidly dividing skin cells.
Whether a person actually develops psoriasis may depend on something triggering a person who has a genetic tendency to develop psoriasis. This in turn triggers the immune system to over produce skin cells. Examples of triggers include systemic infections such as strep throat, injury to the skin, vaccinations, certain medications, and intra-muscular injections or oral steroid medications.
How to Treat Psoriasis
Medicated creams and ointments applied directly to psoriatic plaques can help reduce inflammation, remove built-up scale and reduce skin turn over.
If you are looking for a 100% natural and non-toxic option that is gentle on all skin types, emu oil might be one to try. 100% pure emu oil may help soothe affected skin and reduce the dryness which accompanies skin build-up.
Emu oil is a “tissue nutrient”, and may help to normalize skin cell growth to help reduce the excessive cell growth which causes the plaques on the skin.
How to Use Emu Spirit’s 100% Pure Oil of Emu For Psoriasis
According to Mayoclinic.com, bathing helps to remove scales and calm inflamed skin. Prepare your skin for the emu oil by first soaking in a lukewarm bath. Add a quarter of a cup of Epsom salts. Do not use hot water or harsh soaps; tepid water and mild soaps with added fats are a better choice.
Pat your skin dry with a soft cotton towel, then immediately massage the emu oil over affected areas to soothe and moisturize. Emu oil is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects. It is also rich with the essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6, which have beneficial effects on skin, and contains the antioxidant vitamins A and E. In addition, the lack of phosphorus in emu oil mimics the lack of phosphorus in human skin, so the oil is able to effectively penetrate skin tissue layers better.
Wrap the affected areas with clear plastic wrap after applying the emu oil, and leave it on overnight.
Remove the covering in the morning, and wash away any scales that may have sloughed off during the night.
Reapply the emu oil after gently blotting the skin dry. In addition to the morning use and the after-bath application, you should apply the emu oil one more time during the day.
For added benefit, you can also take Emu Spirit’s Oil of Emu Omega 369 Capsules, or incorporate a spoonful of Emu Oil into your diet. Finally, take charge of your overall skincare routine and keep your face, body and hands nourished and hydrated using the Emu Spirit skincare range day and night.
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212