How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
By Emu Spirit | February 16, 2019 | Blog
As the weather is cooling down and you’re beginning to battle your allergy symptoms (yet again), it’s time to think about the ways you can alleviate your symptoms. Because let’s face it, who wants to suffer from itchy skin, irritated eyes and excessive sneezing all month long?
You may have tried a spoonful of honey, drinking lots of water or keeping your windows closed on high pollen days. While these remedies have important merit, there’s one more natural remedy you might want to add to your arsenal: emu oil.
What’s so good about Emu Oil?
Emu oil has been used for thousands of years, particularly in Australia by the native aborigines who used emu oil for medicine to treat skin infections. In recent years, research has found support for many of its amazing benefits – one of which is reducing inflammation.
Emu oil is full of essential fatty acids, where most of its benefits come from. These essential fatty acids include linoleic acid (important inflammation-reducing Omega 3) linolenic acid and oleic acid. Emu oil is also rich in vitamins A and E. All of these nutrients are vital to skin health, and can also greatly benefit other areas of the body due to their anti-inflammatory nature.
Is Emu Oil effective for treating allergies?
Emu oil’s potential to help relieve allergy symptoms is related to its potent anti-inflammatory abilities. Research has discovered that applying emu oil to your skin can reduce inflammation as effectively as oral medications such as ibuprofen.
In 1997, a study published in InflammoPharmacology found “the efficacies of the emu oils acting transdermally are compared with that of orally administered ibuprofen (40 milligrams/kilogram).”
How do you use Emu Oil to treat your allergies?
Because allergy symptoms are inflammatory in nature, applying emu oil to your body may help to relieve that inflammation. If it’s a skin reaction, such as eczema, applying some emu oil over the affected area may help it to calm down. If you have respiratory allergies, you could rub some of the oil on your chest and throat, and over your sinuses, to help you find relief. Some people even put a small amount of emu oil inside their noses — this may help with cold and flu congestion and nasal irritation as well as with allergy symptoms.
Emu Spirit’s 100% Pure Oil of Emu relies on the complete benefits of emu oil to provide relief for allergy symptoms. You can rub the pure emu oil over affected areas, or ingest the emu oil orally – try adding it to a glass of orange juice or a smoothie and enjoy! Shop here
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212