How to Deal with Chronic Pain
By Emu Spirit | April 10, 2020 | Blog
Living with chronic pain is never easy. In fact, it most likely has a major effect on your way of life. If you suffer from arthritis, fibromyalgia or chronic back pain, you may have heard health professionals advising you to accept the pain, learn to live with the pain, and pace yourself… but the most important factor in managing pain is the role of the patient. Self-management is the best way to improve your level of activity and keep pain to a minimum.
Here’s 5 things you can do now to deal with chronic pain:
1. Learn deep breathing to help you relax
Let’s start with something simple – breathing – something we all know how to do! Help your body relax by learning some meditation and deep breathing techniques. Tension and tightness seep from muscles when they receive a quiet message to relax. This may help to ease pain as you begin to focus on the breath; fill your abdomen with air, let the air fill from the abdomen up, then let it out (picture a deflating balloon).
2. Boost chronic pain relief with exercise
You may never be in the mood to move your body too much, but exercising can encourage your body to release natural endorphins (the brain chemicals that help to improve your mood while also blocking pain signals). But wait, there’s more. Exercise has another pain-reducing effect; it strengthens muscles, helping you to prevent re-injury and further pain. If you needed another reason to exercise, here it is.
3. Cut back on alcohol and smoking
Why should you reduce your alcohol consumption? The answer is simple. Pain makes sleeping more difficult, and alcohol can make sleep problems worse. Drinking less or no alcohol can improve your quality of life. Additionally, smoking can worsen painful circulation problems, and worsen chronic pain. Consider cutting back and observe the counter-effects it has on your body.
4. Get a massage for chronic pain relief
Massage can help reduce stress and relieve tension. This is because the techniques used relaxes muscle tissue, which in turn reduces painful contractions and spasms. As a result, people living with all sorts of chronic pain use massage therapy regularly to ease their muscles and joint pain, and to improve their sleep. Massage therapy professionals have found using emu oil topically for massage provides the added benefit of reducing inflammation and pain relief. It absorbs into the skin and contains natural healing qualities of Vitamin A, E & Oleic Acid.
To learn more about massage techniques with emu oil, click here.
5. Eat a healthier diet
If you’re looking for a sign to eat healthy this year – this is it! A well-balanced diet aids your digestive process, keeps weight under control and improves blood sugar levels. A low-fat, low-sodium diet is recommended. Incorporate fresh fruits, veggies, beans and peas, whole-grain breads and cereals, low-fat cheese, milk and yoghurt, and lean meats. Give yourself an extra boost of anti-inflammatory by adding a few drops of pure emu oil to your meals where appropriate – e.g. mixed in cereal, or added into smoothies. After all, health begins from the inside.
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212