How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
By Emu Spirit | April 8, 2020 | Blog
The cold winter months are never ideal for your skin; dry, itchy, flaky, cracked, chapped – you name it, your skin has probably been through it at some point.
When the temperature drops and cold winds, central heating and low humidity dry your skin out, you leave it vulnerable to itchiness and flaky. You can also exacerbate conditions like eczema and dermatitis!
Here are 5 of our top tips to take care of cracked and chapped skin in winter!
1. Stay Hydrated
Eat plenty of essential fatty acids, particularly Omega-3 (found in avocado, oily fish and emu oil) and Omega-6 (found in nuts, wholegrains, flaxseed oil and also in emu oil). This can keep your skin hydrated and clarified from inside out. They also have anti-inflammatory effects and can relieve eczema symptoms. A deficiency in Omega 3 or 6 may result in dry, inflamed skin, whiteheads and blackheads.
Tip: avoid dehydration by drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily and minimising caffeine and alcohol.
2. Check Your Skincare Routine
Avoid anything that contains highly active ingredients, especially if your skin is itchy or stinging. Use a gentle cleanser that won’t strip the skin, followed by a moisturiser to reinforce its protective barrier.
Try: Emu Spirit Day Crème Refresh and Renew
Exfoliate weekly to avoid build-up of dead skin cells, then follow with a hydrating face mask to help sooth any stinging or itchiness.
3. Extend Your Skincare
Because you will be wearing heavy clothing during winter, it’s only natural that you might forget to nurture the skin from the neck down – but remember it can suffer just as much. Invest in a good quality body cleanser, exfoliate weekly and moisturise your whole body after every shower.
Try: Emu Spirit Advanced Body Crème Formula
Swap your daily body lotion for oil, which is known to have better affinity with the skin as it is close in structure to our naturally occurring sebum.
Tip: break open your Emu Spirit Omega 369 Capsules and apply the 100% pure emu oil directly onto your skin after you shower.
4. Steam Your Skin
Use a humidifier to replace the moisture lost from the air. If you’re in a warmer area, try placing a bowl of water in the corner of each room.
5. Consider Emu Oil
Did you know? Emu oil is considered a unique superfood. It’s rich in omega fatty acids with an impressive amount of natural antioxidants, fat soluble vitamins D and E, and vitamin K2. Filled with nutrients and healthy fats, it’s incredibly nourishing for your skin. Naturally rich in collagen, it is regenerative in nature and possesses anti-inflammatory and bacteriostatic properties. Using emu oil topically on your skin has been known to cure skin irritations and wounds, and can also be applied as an everyday moisturiser! Our Emu Spirit beauty range includes a day crème to refresh and renew your skin, night crème to hydrate, repair and restore your skin and a hand and body crème to revive and nourish your skin.
Try: Emu Spirit Natural Beauty Kit
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212