Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
By Emu Spirit | December 19, 2018 | Blog
We know Emu oil is a great anti-inflammatory, but can it help with hair regrowth?
Emu Oil vs. Corn Oil Study
Although we still need to conduct further studies about the effects of emu oil on hair regrowth, a study conducted in the US by Dr. Michael Hollick on Emu oil and hair regrowth found that there was a 20% increase in growth activity of skin that received emu oil, compared to skin that received corn oil.
Results of the Study
Looking at the hair follicles that were treated with emu oil, Dr. Hollick realized they were much more robust and the skin thickness was remarkably increased. This suggests that the emu oil stimulated skin growth and hair growth. Additionally, the study showed that over 80% of hair follicles that had been “asleep” were woken up, and began growing!
Benefits of Emu Oil for Hair
Emu oil contains essential fatty acids Omega 3,6,9, which helps keep hair, skin and nails healthy (amongst other things). Emu oil is also really great to use if you have a dry scalp or psoriasis on the scalp. Massaging Emu oil into your scalp stimulates the skin and hair follicles while the anti-inflammatory properties of Emu oil help reduce redness, inflammation and itchiness. Taken orally, Emu oil will also benefit hair regrowth.
How to Use Emu Oil for your Hair
Emu Oil can be used daily to treat dry scalp or psoriasis on the scalp, or if you want to improve the condition of your hair and stimulate hair growth for a thicker head of hair.
Follow these 3 easy steps every day and incorporate it into your hair care routine:
1. Wet your hair, pour the desired amount of emu oil into your palm and gently massage your scalp, working it into your scalp through to the ends of your hair.
2. You can then leave it overnight or leave it in for 20-30 minutes.
3. Use shampoo afterwards to make sure you clean any leftover oil.
So, if you are looking for a natural method to help stimulate hair regrowth, and nourish your luscious locks, why not try emu oil?
Shop Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu here
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212