Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
By Emu Spirit | November 17, 2019 | Blog
“Your gut” is sometimes referred to as your second mind, so it’s no wonder we should take care of it. Call it a gut feeling, if you will.
According to the Gut Foundation Australia, almost half the Australian population suffer digestive problems. If you’re looking for a way to relieve uncomfortable symptoms and improve your overall digestive health, emu oil may hold the key.
We know that emu oil has anti-inflammatory properties, so it follows that it can be good for your gastrointestinal system as well.
Research at the University of Adelaide has discovered that emu oil may be helpful in treating a variety of common bowel and digestive diseases. The laboratory experiments conducted by Ph.D student Suzanne Mashtoub Abimosleh confirm that emu oil has powerful natural anti-inflammatory properties, and is also found to repair damage in the bowel.
The researchers discovered that emu oil stimulates the growth of “crypts” – the part of the intestine that produces food-absorbing “villi”. Longer crypts and villi lead to a healthier bowel that absorbs food more effectively.
Specifically, emu oil was found to:
1. Repair damage in the intestines caused by ulcerative colitis
2. Significantly decrease acute inflammation associated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-induced gastrointestinal disease
3. Decrease acute inflammation and promote the repair of intestines damaged by chemotherapy (a condition known as mucositis)
What does this mean?
Based on these results, they believe that emu oil could also be helpful in treating other digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and Crohn’s disease by reducing inflammation, promoting repair in the intestines and preventing further damage.
Current treatments for digestive disorders only work for some patients and there are no effective treatment options at all for the painful ulcers associated with mucositis, so these findings bring hope to sufferers.
What we know now
Emu oil has the ability to improve intestinal repair naturally while reducing inflammation in the digestive tract. When taken orally, emu oil’s rich fatty acid content could also promote better digestive health. With its proven anti-inflammatory properties, emu oil could be beneficial in alleviating the symptoms of a wide range of digestive disorders.
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212