8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
By Emu Spirit | January 24, 2020 | Blog
Don’t let seasonal eczema outbreaks on your skin ruin the beautiful warm weather for you! For many people living with eczema, Summer can be a challenging time. Air conditioning, sweat, dry heat and humidity are all known triggers for eczema.
First of all… what causes seasonal eczema?
As the seasons change, your skin can get very dry. When dry skin cracks, bacteria and toxins penetrate your skin through those cracks. This upsets your immune system, and your body fights back. It has a reaction — often allergic — that causes an eczema breakout.
Eczema flare ups can be managed with simple and proactive skincare tips that minimize the occurrence and severity of outbreaks. A key part of managing eczema is to follow a skincare routine that preserves the skin barrier and reduces inflammation.
Here are our 8 top tips for managing eczema flare ups this season:
H2O is your hero in the warmer months. Drink at least eight glasses a day. Your skin will thank you!
Avoid prolonged contact with hot or chlorinated water. This dries out your skin and leaves you prone to irritation.
Take short, warm baths or showers (not long and hot) as water dries the skin. Moisturise with a hydrating moisturiser immediately after a bath or shower and regularly throughout the day.
Avoid shampoo running over the body as much as possible when washing hair. Shampoo is full of detergents and other irritants which may worsen eczema.
Avoid using skin care products that contain alcohol and fragrance. When experiencing an eczema flare up avoid scrubs, exfoliating washes and toners, which are irritating.
As the weather warms up we start to perspire more. Excessive sweat aggravates the itching and swelling of eczema. Stay cooler by wearing loose, cotton clothing whenever possible. Cotton breathes much better than synthetic fabrics, and the looser clothing will not cling to your skin and trap in sweat and bacteria.
Use a moisturiser that puts moisture back into your skin. Not only does it soothes itchy skin but it increases skin barrier integrity and helps skin repair eczema damage. Apply a good moisturiser regularly and liberally after a bath or shower to help maintain healthy skin. Use moisturisers formulated for sensitive skin or those made for eczema prone skin.
Emu oil is great for providing relief from eczema. You can take emu oil internally and/or externally for double the relief. Put a teaspoon of Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu to a glass of orange juice, or add a few drops of emu oil to a bath. Your skin will feel beautifully soft and smooth afterwards!
Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu (AUST L 92158)
Recognised for its anti-inflammatory properties, Emu Spirit Oil of Emu can be used both topically and internally to help relieve the symptoms of a wide range of inflammation based ailments.
This product is suitable for conditions such as: Arthritis, Burns, Rheumatism, PMS, Blisters, Dermatitis, Scars , Eczema, Cradle Cap, Psoriasis, Sunburn, RSI and Nappy Rash.
Available in 125mL, 500mL and 1L bottles.
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212