5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
By Emu Spirit | June 15, 2019 | Blog
Nearly everyone experiences some type of back pain at some point in their lives. No matter when it happens or what the cause may be; it sure is a real pain to deal with. Fortunately, with proper care and treatment, back pain can be managed. The good news? There are a handful of helpful remedies you can try to ease the pain and keep your back in good condition. Have you tried these 5 tips out?
1. Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Sleep disturbances are common among people with chronic back pain. Not getting enough quality sleep can actually make your inflammation and pain worse. Make sure you invest in a good mattress. After all, you spend almost half your life sleeping in one – it pays to Goldilocks your way through the mattress store and get your mattress properly fitted for you by a specialist. While you’re at it, add an extra pillow under your body to help maintain the natural curve in your spine. If you’re a back sleeper, try putting the pillow under both knees. For stomach sleepers, try under your pelvis. If you sleep in your side; sleeping with a pillow between the knees may help too.
2. Stretch it out at Yoga
Yoga can be very therapeutic for people with back pain. A review of scientific studies published in 2013 in the ‘Clinical Journal of Pain’ found strong evidence that yoga can help reduce chronic lower back pain. It may help back pain by loosening tight muscles, building strength and range of motion, while also improving breathing. Additionally, yoga also focuses on relaxation, which may help to relax your muscles as well as reduce pain perception. It’s also great for managing stress and adding a feeling of calm and wellbeing to your everyday life.
3. Incorporate Supplements into your Diet
This is great for back pain sufferers looking for a natural way to manage their pain. Glucosamine sulfate is a supplement that has been seen to help lessen back pain caused by arthritis in some patients. Calcium and magnesium (when taken together) may help to reduce muscle spasms. A study published in March 2013 in ‘Anaesthesia’ found that magnesium therapy helped to reduce pain intensity and improve lumbar spine mobility in patients with chronic lower back pain. These supplements can be easily incorporated into your diet to see if they work for you!
4. Try Aquatic Therapy
Physical therapists often recommend aquatic therapy: exercises done in warm, therapeutic pools. The buoyancy of the water helps alleviate strain on the joints, and encourages strengthening and stretching of the muscles. Not a fan of swimming laps and doing water aerobics? Even floating in warm water can help relax muscles and release tension as well as increasing your circulation, according to the Arthritis Foundation. You can even enjoy this in the comfort of your own home; if you have a spa bath, aim the water jets directly at your pain points for a soothing underwater massage.
5. Rub Emu Oil on your Pain Points
As far as external products go; Emu Spirit’s Arthritic & Muscular Rub is an effective product to help relieve muscle and joint pain. Formulated with a high concentration of emu oil, as well as ingredients designed to alleviate and sooth your muscles and joints; it effectively targets inflammation and pain points. The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of emu oil can penetrate the outer layer of skin and improve the circulation, to speed up the recovery process. You can use this product before and after exercise as well to prevent injuries and assist in circulation.
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212