5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
By Emu Spirit | February 16, 2019 | Blog
Our immune system does an amazing job of defending us against disease-causing microorganisms on a daily basis. When the weather starts to cool down and winter peeks it’s little head out again; occasionally a germ invades successfully and makes us ill. Thankfully, it IS possible to boost your immune system all-year round, so we can hopefully get sick less often around the colder months. Here’s 5 ways you can boost your immune system.
1. Have a healthy lifestyle
Let’s start with the basics. At the core of it; if you have an unhealthy lifestyle, the likelihood of you falling ill would be higher than if you didn’t. A few easy things to check off the list:
– Don’t smoke
– Have a balanced diet; plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains
– Exercise regularly
– Drink alcohol in moderation
– Get enough sleep
2. Stress less
Your inner health is very important too. Stress is the primary cause of immune dysfunction! Negative feelings would quite often put your body under stress, making your immune system more vulnerable. Research has shown that loneliness is also linked to poor immunity: lonely people produce more immune inflammatory markers than people who are socially connected. The most efficient way to strengthen your immune system is to connect with your loved ones, enjoy your social life and reach out for help if you are emotionally stressed.
3. You are what you eat!
A healthy and balanced diet is key. Like any fighting force, your immune system marches on its stomach. Healthy immune systems need a good source of energy. There is some evidence suggesting that various micro-nutrients such as zinc, selenium, iron, copper, folic acid and vitamins A, B6, C and E can help boost your immune system. Make sure your diet consists of mostly wholefoods (and keep the processed treat to a minimum).
4. Don’t forget your supplements!
If you really can’t stomach a bowl of veggies, or you want that extra immunity boost, there are supplements you can try out to strengthen your immune system. For example, iron supplements are effective in aiding iron deficiency. According to traditional Chinese medicine studies, there are a combination of herbs that can help boost your immune system, such as Echinacea (which contains polysaccharides that increase the body’s production of white blood cells which fight infection). You can find this in tablet form in pharmacies and health food stores. Astragalus is proven to combat stress and improve blood counts. Too many long sciency words to digest? Common pantry items such as ginger, garlic, peppermint and licorice can also strengthen your immune system (and most of these taste pretty great in hot tea too!). Lastly, Vitamin C can help enhance immune cell response and function. Adding a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice to your breakfast sounds like a delicious way to boost your immunity through the winter months.
5. Too many to remember? Just take Emu Oil
Instead of compiling a grocery list of supplements and incorporating a menu full of tablets into your diet; why not try a much simpler option – emu oil?! Emu oil is a natural source of Omega 3, 6, 7 and 9 and Vitamins A, D, E, F and K2. Just by taking 2-3 capsules of Emu Spirit’s Omega 369 capsules daily can assist in the maintenance of general health and wellbeing, strengthening your immune system every day. With no additives or preservatives, each capsule contains 100% pure emu oil wrapped in gelatin.
Typical Omega Fatty Acid Analysis per 750mg:
Fatty Acids (linolenic acid)
Fatty Acid (linoleic acid)
Fatty Acid (oleic acid)
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212