5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
By Emu Spirit | May 27, 2019 | Blog
If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis; we can bet our last dollar you know your symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis sufferers are more than familiar with the severe pain associated with stiff and sore joints. Couple that with fatigue, appetite loss and feeling feverish, and you can easily envision how difficult it must be to deal with. While there is no cure; medication, therapy and even surgery are available to rheumatoid arthritis sufferers.
For those looking for alternatives to cope with their joint pain, there are some natural remedies available to deal with rheumatoid arthritis symptoms on a daily basis. Here are 5 methods you can try:
1. Hot/Cold Therapy
A combination of hot and cold therapy may help alleviate symptoms of pain and swelling.
Heat can help ease your pain and relax painful, tense muscles to spurs blood flow. You can use a moist heating pad, a warm and damp towel or a microwavable pack. For the time poor folks, you can use heat therapy in the shower. Simply let the warm water hit the painful area on your body, and this may help soothe it. Alternatively, a hot tub is another great way to relax your stiff muscles.
Cold may help dull the sensation of pain, and create a numbing effect to reduce swelling and inflammation. You can apply an ice pack to the affected joint during a flare-up. Apply the cold compress for 15 minutes at a time, and take at least a 30 minute break between treatments so you don’t overdo it.
2. Tai Chi
This slow, gentle martial art is easy on your joints. Tai chi involves gentle exercises and stretches combined with deep breathing; the movements are easy to modify if your joints are sore. Some studies have found that tai chi may reduce stress, and improve mood and quality of life in people with rheumatoid arthritis. Additionally, it can help your strength, flexibility and balance, so it is worth a try.
This golden spice is a member of the ginger family. It has been a staple in traditional medicine in India and Indonesia for centuries. Research shows it blocks proteins that cause inflammation and may ease pain. You can create a turmeric based drink by combining it with other known ingredients for alleviating rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Simply start with a green tea base, and add cinnamon, ginger and turmeric. You’re definitely not drinking it for the taste, but cheers to reduced joint pain and swelling though!
This natural remedy dates back thousands of years, but modern science does show it can help ease pain. There are many different types of massages, so it’s good to find a massage therapist who works with people with rheumatoid arthritis. You can even try this out at home by giving yourself a mini massage. Remember to use a massage oil or balm that has extra benefits designed to alleviate joint and muscle inflammation. Emu Spirit’s Muscular and Arthritic Rub contains 59% emu oil, wintergreen oil, eucalyptus oil, clove bud oil, peppermint oil and black pepper oil – all active ingredients formulated to reduce pain and swelling, numb the affected area and improve your inflammation symptoms over time.
5. Pure Emu Oil
There is some research proving the unique properties of 100% pure emu oil in helping to reduce inflammation. Emu oil is an anti-inflammatory agent that has been used to reduce muscle and joint pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Emu oil can be used both topically and internally so you can help relieve the symptoms from the inside and out.
For a multi-use product such as pure emu oil, you can either use it to massage directly onto your body or you ingest it by taking a spoonful directly or adding it to a cold drink (such as orange juice). For an extra anti-inflammatory boost, you can combine a few drops of emu oil to your turmeric drink and enjoy the health kick!
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212