5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
By Emu Spirit | February 16, 2019 | Blog
Emu oil has a multitude of benefits on human health, and these benefits are mostly due to the high levels of essential fatty acids and vitamins contained in the oil. Accounting for approximately 70% of its composition, the therapeutic qualities of emu oil mainly stem from its unsaturated fatty acids; Omega 3, 6 & 9. Studies suggest that the combination of these 3 fatty acids bring about emu oil’s anti-inflammatory action.
So what exactly is Omega 3, 6 & 9?
- Oleic Acid — a monounsaturated, Omega-9 fatty acid. It’s a common fat in the human diet that’s been associated with decreased LDL cholesterol and possibly increased HDL cholesterol. In emu oil, the oleic acid helps transport the bioactive compounds into the skin, allowing the oil to absorb quickly when it’s applied topically.
- Linoleic Acid — a polyunsaturated, Omega-6 fatty acid. Linoleic acid helps boost skin health by reducing the appearance of sun spots or aging when it’s applied topically. Studies have shown that linoleic acid helps lighten ultraviolet-induced hyperpigmentation of the skin by inhibiting melanin production.
- Linolenic Acid — an Omega-3 fatty acid that helps reduce inflammation, and it’s commonly used to help prevent chronic diseases, such as heart disease and arthritis. When consumed, omega-3 fatty acids boost brain health and aid growth and development.
Source: Dr Axe, 201
Discover the Emu Spirit range of anti-inflammatory products at www.emuspirit.com
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212