4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
By Emu Spirit | June 16, 2019 | Blog
You’ve heard of the common benefits of emu oil before; it’s been known to help relieve patients with arthritis, eczema and even PMS.
The list doesn’t end there though. It turns out emu oil has more hidden talents! We’ve discovered 4 interesting and useful ways you can use emu oil to improve your overall health…
1. Sun Protection
With warmer weather officially on the horizon, we have to think twice before stepping out of the house. We’ve all been taught to apply sunscreen to combat Australia’s harsh UV rays, but did you know there’s an extra layer of protection you can offer yourself?
Emu oil can be used as a natural sunscreen when applied underneath your regular SPF. Too late, already burnt? You can also use emu oil as a treatment for sunburn.
Emu oil also contains linoleic acid, with helps boost skin health by reducing the appearance of sun spots. Studies have shown that linoleic acid helps lighten ultraviolet-induced hyperpigmentation of the skin by inhibiting melanin production. Because of emu oil’s anti-inflammatory properties, it is found to stimulate skin cell regeneration and circulation to reduce the appearance of sun damaged skin and wrinkles.
Disclaimer: emu oil is not a substitute for sun screen.
2. Insect Repellent
Now that the weather is warming up, we’re starting to spend more days in the outdoors – making us the perfect target for bugs and insect bites! Emu oil contains substances called terpenes, which disorient many insects. Applying emu oil on exposed skin can keep the bugs at bay when you’re out and about.
Cockroaches, head lice, mosquitoes and kissing bugs are among the insects that can be repelled by terpenes, making emu oil a good natural alternative to harsher chemicals on the market. Furthermore, if you do get bitten by an insect, emu oil is also great for soothing itchy or painful skin. It’s wise to keep this multi-purpose product in your summer arsenal.
Source: Johnson, J. (2017). Everything you need to know about emu oil. Medical News Today.
3. Itchy Scalp Conditions and Hair loss
It might be a good time to consider emu oil for your hair care too! The natural benefits of emu oil for hair include:
– Stimulating hair growth
– Helping to prevent hair loss
– Combats dandruff
– Helping dry scalp and split ends
– Is a natural moisturiser for dry, damaged hair and scalp
– Imparts shine
There are a few ways to incorporate emu oil into your hair care routine. Simply massage the emu oil onto your scalp and hair, apply a small amount to clean wet hair before styling, or mix a few drops with your usual shampoo or conditioner.
Source: Bunton, N. (undated). Fun in the sun with confidence.
4. Benefits the Gastrointestinal System
A study in 2012 conducted in Australia found that emu oil, when administered orally and topically, possesses significant anti-inflammatory properties. Researchers indicated that it is able to even treat anti-inflammatory disorders affecting the gastrointestinal system!
The results showed that emu oil provided partial protection against chemotherapy-induced mucositis, a painful inflammation and ulceration of the mucous membranes that line the digestive tract. Based on these findings, researchers concluded that emu oil is able to improve intestinal repair and may even help treat ulcers.
Source: Abimosleh, S.M., Tran, C.D. & Howarth, G.S. (2012). Emu Oil: A novel therapeutic for disorders of the gastrointestinal tract? Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 27, 857–861.
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212