4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
By Emu Spirit | April 26, 2019 | Blog
We commonly use emu oil to treat inflammation-based ailments such as arthritis, muscle pain and osteoporosis. We also use emu oil on topical issues like eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and skin rashes or irritations. But did you know there are more unknown benefits of emu oil that can be used to treat and improve other aspects of our wellbeing?
Here’s 4 more unknown benefits of emu oil…
1. Use emu oil to treat more inflammatory-based conditions
Emu oil is known to be an effective ingredient to help provide relief to inflammatory-based conditions like arthritis, muscle pain and osteoporosis. But did you know its effectiveness can extend to other inflammatory-based issues? In a review in the journal Nutrition, researchers noted that emu oil’s anti-inflammatory properties may be effective for treating ear inflammations and inflammatory bowel syndrome (IBS), and for preventing bone loss caused by chemotherapy. (Jeengar et al, 2015)
2. Use emu oil as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic massage oil
Emu oil is used for its excellent anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties. A study published in Inflammopharmacology presented evidence that topical use of emu oil worked just as well as an anti-inflammatory as oral administration of ibuprofen. Because emu oil decreases swelling and minimizes aching, it helps relieve the symptoms of arthritis, headaches, migraines, carpal tunnel syndrome and shin splints. (Axe, 2016) & (Snowden & Whitehouse, 1997)
3. Use emu oil to reduce stretch marks, wrinkles and sun damaged skin
Because of emu oil’s anti-inflammatory properties, it has the power to reduce swelling and help treat a number of skin conditions. Most commonly it is used to treat psoriasis, rosacea and eczema. However, emu oil is also known to stimulate skin cell regeneration and circulation. Due to these additional benefits, emu oil helps to reduce the appearance of scars, burns, stretch marks, wrinkles and sun damaged skin, and it can also help those suffering from thinning skin or bed sores. (Axe, 2016)
4. Use emu oil to lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol
Being a monounsaturated fat, emu oil can be seen as a beneficial oil. Because of its high content of Omega 3 fats, emu oil can help you lower your bad cholesterol and raise your good cholesterol. The American Emu Association sponsored a research study at the University of Massachusetts to study whether emu oil can improve the cholesterol ratio in animals. The research, based on hypercholesterolemic hamsters, found that emu oil not only lowered the animals’ LDL (bad cholesterol), it also increased their HDL (good cholesterol). “The present study suggests that compared to a diet containing coconut oil, both emu oil and olive oil are capable of reducing aortic early atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic hamsters.” (Wilson et al, 2004)
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212