10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
By Emu Spirit | August 18, 2019 | Blog
Warm weather comes with its fair share of warm weather ailments.
Here’s 10 ways you can use emu oil as your go-to treatment during the sunny months…
Spending more time in the sun, particularly in Australia, comes with the risk of sunburn. Use emu oil to treat sunburn and soothe your damaged skin. It has tremendous moisturizing properties and antibacterial properties, and may help with a faster recovery.
2. Insect bites and stings
Warm weather is when the insects come out to play. We’ll inevitably get bitten sooner or later, but thankfully emu oil can help to reduce the itchiness of insect bites. Dap emu oil over wasp or bee stings to give quick pain relief and faster healing on the sting area.
3. Poisonous plant rashes
While we’re making the most of the outdoors, taking walks and being in nature, we run the risk of being exposed to poisonous plants. Rubbing emu oil into rashes can provide minor, and sometimes total relief from the rash.
4. Cracked heels
Speaking of the topic of walking around, our heels may become dry, flaky and cracked in the heat. The moisturizing and antibacterial traits of emu oil create the perfect remedy for cracked heels.
5. Cracked skin
Increased sun exposure may mean your skin becomes dry and patchy in some areas. Emu oil used on really dry patches can instantly sooth and heal, and make the dryness disappear. Even though it’s oily, it absorbs quickly into the skin.
6. Face redness
If you’re looking to help reduce the redness in your complexion, emu oil may be able to help in that department too. Emu oil can help to reduce facial redness by moisturizing your skin.
7. Pre-foundation base
While we’re on the topic of skin, did you know you can use emu oil as a primer for foundation? You can use the oil sparingly on dry skin, and it makes for a great make up base.
8. Lip care
Dry, dehydrated lips can feel uncomfortable during the sunny months. Emu oil is a powerful moisturizer and it can moisturize the lips, working better than petroleum jelly, as it penetrates the lips rather than just locking in moisture.
9. Immunity booster
The sudden change in weather can result in seasonal allergies like hay fever, when our immune system overreacts to allergens (like plant pollen) which results in a lot of sneezing, itching and congestion. Emu oil contains Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids, which your body needs but does not produce naturally. These essential fatty acids have been shown to be highly beneficial to helping bolster your immunity against seasonal allergy symptoms.
10. Natural sun repellent
While it’s not to be used on its own (we need a higher SPF count in Australia), emu oil makes for a great natural sun repellant. Apply a layer of emu oil underneath your usual make up and sunscreen for an extra layer of protection (that is also great for your skin!)
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212